Saturday 15 October 2011

The ideal campfire accompaniment....



(Pic taken from gardentherapy.ca:)

Thanks to the best pal a solitary gal like me could possibly have, this admittedly non-outdoorsy perfumista has been quite obsessed with spending as much solo time at the cabin as possible. What does this mean fragrance-wise? Finding the perfect campfire accompaniment. Something that doesn't clash with that woodfire scent, but something that will hold its own and provide a distinct backdrop.

Since I've been enamoured with this perfume as of late, and have the hugely ironic and unfortunate fate of being recently employed in a scent-free environment (yes, the horror!) I decided to pack Kate Walsh's Boyfriend in my weekend tote. (I call myself a perfume snob, but the reality is that if it smells nice, I'll wear it. It can be drugstore, niche, celebrity...if I like it, it's mine....)

The whole concept of Boyfriend is the mingling of masculine and feminine. According to www.yourboyfriend.com (the official site for the fragrance) Boyfriend is inspired by the scent that one's guy leaves behind...the faint aura of his cologne mingled with your perfume. Official copy:




Ever miss the scent of your boyfriend on your skin? That warm, woody scent that makes your eyes roll and wanna put on a red dress? Well, I did so I created Boyfriend, a fragrance inspired by him but made for us. It's a delicious blend of muguet, dark plum, myrrh, night blooming jasmine and just enough amber musk to make you purr like a jungle cat.


Not exactly how I'd put it, but a highly intoxicating scent nonetheless. First spritz of the EDP yields a characteristically masculine vibe. To my nose, a blast of sharp vetiver, a little bit of that aforementioned myrrh. After a few minutes, the plum takes centre stage. The amber is the most irresistible aspect of the fragrance in my humble opinion. And despite the fact that they aren't listed in the fragrance notes, the EDP version dries down on my skin yielding patchouli and vanilla. Hours later, the musk emerges. Heavenly.

I have sampled the pulse oil as well and much prefer the EDP. It strikes me as much more masculine, more rich, and multi-faceted. I haven't tried the other body products, but word on the street is that each version of the scent has that common thread...but manages to be distinctly different.

I've been browsing the official site and have placed every possible incarnation of this scent on my wishlist....awesome concept, amazing scent!

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog. Have you tried the body oil yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Melissa!!! You're the best! (I'm so excited to be blogging! :):)
    Haven't tried the oil as of yet, must enlist my cross-border shopping friend to pick some up for me on her next Sephora trip!!! :):)

    ReplyDelete