Wednesday 12 October 2011

My First Love....

I have many fragrant memories, stemmed from my mom's perfume obsession. I owe my own addiction to her predilection for savouring everything fragrant, from fresh basil to springtime hyacinths.

My very first perfume was Avon's Sweet Honesty when I was about 6 or 7 years old, housed in a glass deer, much like this one:



The scent itself evaporated quickly, imparting a sticky residue on the neck of the glass bottle (coincidentally, also the neck of the doe...:):):)

I don't even remember wearing this particular perfume, it was just displayed proudly on my dresser. When I'd come in and out of my room, I'd take a sniff. To this day, I have this tendency to 'save' my scents rather than spray lavishly. These days, I'm trying to break out of that habit! I have an emerging collection, and it's there for me to enjoy!

Any other perfumistas remember their first love? Please share! :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm not exactly a "perfumista" but my first love would have to be Love's Baby Soft! Ahhhh, I can still smell it to this day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Love's Baby Soft, a classic! (And if you're lucky, nowadays you can get a little stuffed bear with your bottle via holiday gift sets! )
    (Tempting, isn't it? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell you I remember that my mom wore Giorgio Beverly Hills or Bijan and Poision everyday and I hated them. She wore Ciara also. I knew what I did not like and that was her entire collection. I was much more interested in my dads collection. He had some polo's, creed, cool water, grey flannel and some other interesting ones. Of course this is circa 1986-1994 when i lived at home with them. I began to investigate what the malls had to offer and I usually could not stanfdthe choices offered there either. I thought they all smelled the same. I used Nina Ricci Lair Du Temps for awhile. But mostly I mixed my own oild at the Body Shop or bought oils from New York Street vendors. I like that little doe she is very cute:)

    ReplyDelete